The RTS Pro-Zip 170n Lifejacket by SeaSafe is a collaboration between RT Supplies Ltd and SeaSafe Systems Ltd to produce this innovative lifejacket.
Some UK industries are concerned about a failure to inflate. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but the most likely is insufficient self-checking of the device by the wearer. Fortunately it is a very rare occurrence. The RTS Pro-Zip 170n Lifejacket seeks to address this concern by providing some uncertified buoyancy in addition to the EN 12402-3 certified buoyancy.
Incorporated in to the front cover is 25N of foam buoyancy.
So if the wearer falls in to the water and the lifejacket fails to inflate, there is still a small amount of inherent buoyancy to help keep the wearer at the surface.
THIS IS NOT CERTIFIED FLOTATION and is not part of the EN12402-3 certification.
An additional benefit of the foam inside the front cover is greatly improved durability for heavy users. In combination with the durable PVC cover this now gives substantial protection against abrasion.
- Made in the UK by SeaSafe Systems Ltd, Isle of Wight
- Certified to EN 12402-3 150N with an actual test buoyancy of 170N.
- Durable PVC Cover with added foam protection and uncertified inherent buoyancy
- Removable and replaceable front cover, so if damaged a replacement cover can be bought rather than a complete unit.
- automatic and manual inflation provided by UML Mk5 Inflator
- oral backup inflation
- safety whistle
- padded soft collar
- durable plastic buckle
- crotch strap
- High Quality zip fasten with bursting zone.
- Easy access to inflator mechanism through side zip.
- Pocket for ID Card
Optional extras include a VHF Radio Pocket and a SOLAS Lifejacket Light.
Watch this pool test video showing the jacket with the inflatable buoyancy disabled to demonstrate how the 25N buoyancy assists the wearer remain at the service.